WXRX Program Manager
“Focus is the key to economic success,” according to Peter Drucker. After a decade and a half of focusing on both the AM show and programming duties, the program director for 104-9 The X (WXRX) is going to “get some things off his plate” and focus only on the morning show and involvement in the community.
So, 104-9 The X is looking for a full-time program manager to begin work immediately. The person we hire will spend their time working on the music, promotions, imaging, website content, and daily interaction with the sales department to drive revenue on the brand. Perhaps this hire will have an air shift.
Our next program manager will have solid people acumen – inside the building and within the larger community of advertisers. During the interview process, you’ll be asked to document HOW you’ve worked with sales people in the past.
Five years radio and on-air experience
- Knowledge of Selector (we will not be switching music platforms)
- Verifiable experience working with people in a productive fashion
- Ability to demonstrate imaging work and “clock management”
- Promotions background and ability to build an annual calendar
- Imaging and Production skills are mandatory
- Know the difference between strategy and tactics
- Ability to coach and develop “personalities”
- Understandbrand distribution and its importance (on-site and online)
- Web skills a plus
Mark Van Allen