Mid-West Family Marketing – Springfield is seeking a talented and dynamic Account Executive who thrives in a fast-paced working environment. We are looking for a passionate, motivated, goal-oriented and highly competitive individual with a proven track record of over-achieving sales goals. We hire driven, resourceful, organized, customer-focused problem solvers who have great communication skills and the ability to cultivate client relationships. In return, we offer a unique career opportunity: one where you are given a challenging mission, world-class tools and on-going training to help you succeed, and the chance to realize your full potential as a sale’s professional.
Who We Are:
Mid-West Family Marketing is an employee-owned media group. We provide our clients with best in class digital marketing solutions that include but are not limited to: Targeted Digital Display, Targeted Email, SEO, SEM, Online Audio, Online Video, Social Media, Web Design, Online Station Promotions and more. Mid-West Family Marketing operates FOUR of the Springfield area’s most popular radio stations: 98.7FM-WNNS, 97.7FM-WQLZ, 970AM & 94.7-FM WMAY and US92.7. Our group of commercial radio stations entertains and reaches tens of thousands of listeners every week via online streaming and over the air.
As an Account Executive you will identify and develop new business opportunities, grow existing client relationships, create and offer solutions that help clients achieve their business goals and close business to meet or exceed set sales targets.
• Able to identify client business needs by gaining a deep understanding of their goals, objectives and processes as well as their external environment including key market and consumer trends to proactively develop customized advertising solutions to meet client objectives
• Deliver effective multi-platform, integrated sales presentations (broadcast, digital, events,; negotiation and closing)
• Beyond our broadcast products, have a strong familiarity and become fully versed in selling both radio station digital assets (e.g. streaming, stations website and social advertising) and our promotions/events to deliver a complete marketing solution to advertisers
• Excel at prospecting and aggressively seeking new clientele by networking, cold calling, canvassing, referrals or other means to build and maintain a full pipeline of sales prospects
• Follow all station procedures for preparing orders, resolving billing issues, submitting regular reports regarding sales, pipeline lists, forecasts and competitive analysis
• Stay abreast of the competitive landscape and emerging technologies to best position Mid-West Family Marketing in the marketplace
• Think creatively and generate original ideas
• Excellent communication skills
• Positive attitude with the willingness to get beyond comfort zone to grow professionally
• High energy and passion for the job
• Flexible and creative
• Digitally savvy
• Ability to develop new business relationships in an outside sales role
• Excellent presenter to clients of sales opportunities and post-sale successes
• Strong understanding of lead generation and ability to connect with viable prospects
• Comprehension of sales metrics in order to fill a sales funnel and robust pipeline of residual business
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
• Media Sales background preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field is preferred
What we offer:
• Base Salary with monthly/annual bonuses with uncapped earning potential
• Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
• Medical, Dental &Vision Insurance coverage
• 401K with company match to plan for the long-term
• Paid Vacation & Holidays
Interested ? Next Steps:
• Email your resume and give Mark Birtch, Director of Sales a reason why we should consider you.
- Do your homework- listen to our stations, visit our websites and educate yourself on MWFB.
- Follow-up, Follow-up and then Follow-up some more